Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How is everyone?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't posted much in a while, and was wondering how everyone is still doing?

    Finished my degree in Degree in December and am busy working my booty off.

    Is Chas still alive? I hope so, he's a good man with a great appetite for beer.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You did a degree in Degree - that sounds interesting - Was it an uphill struggle, or did you freewheel it? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Hanthx:

    Is Chas still alive? I hope so, he's a good man with a great appetite for beer.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    yeah, that's me, the Message Board drunk! Actually, Scott, I'm hosting an experimental animation screening at the Echo Park Film Center at the end of the month. It's about 5 minutes away from Spaceland. See my other post for details...

    Finished my degree in Degree in December and am busy working my booty off. [/QUOTE]

    Yeah, that's an interesting major you have. Must have taken quite a long time to complete? ;]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    whoops...

    Finished my "film" degree in December.
    Im also finishing my first season of editing The Practice. It's been exciting.

    If I can make it Chas, I will be there...six pack in hand [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member carnation wharf's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where do you edit (what city), and who do you work for? How do you like it? (I'm graduating in May and need to begin job searching).

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Scott--

    It is funny that you appeared whence you did. I was about to put up a "Where is Hanthx?" post. I am glad all is well. What color is the Chev?? Are you going all OEM or do you have other plans?? I would like to have a 56 Fleetwood.

    Good Luck

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Adam

    So you want a Caddy eh. Big cars but they look and drive smooth. I plan to keep everything original except for the engine and the brakes...swap out the drum systems for the disc along with some wider white walls.

    Astro,
    As far as finding a job...I would look at trailer and promo companies for work. Finding a gigs as a director, dp, screenwriter, can be quite painful, especially for large studios.

    Trailer and Promo companies tend to be small and hire from within. You can work your way up to an editor, staff writer, production manager, vault manager etc. Start off as a runner and then move up to an assistant in one of the above positions. From that point, it just takes hard work and patience...and of course a whole hell of a lot more but you'll find that out on your own [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Oh yah, I haven't bought the car yet but I have my eye on many. I prefer one with an inline six with a standard transmission...easy to swap out. No Automatic for me! Not sure about the paint yet...any suggestions? Two-tone for sure.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 02, 2003 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Hanthx ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As a collector and owner of two classic cars I will tell you that it is always wiser to keep everything stock including the paint color. The reason for that is while a 56 Chev Street-Rod looks good you will never be able to get a good return on your investment. The stock collectors tend to have more money for somereason. Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •